Gunmen suspected to be terrorists have have struck again in Ondo, kidnapping 32 people who were on their way from burial in Edo State.
The victims were abducted around the Ifon area in Ose Local Government Area of Ondo State.
According to Nation report, the abduction took place on Saturday.
It is yet to be confirmed if the kidnappers have made contact with the victims’ families.
Ondo Police spokesman, SP Fumilayo Odunlami, who confirmed the abduction, said operatives of the police and the Army had begun combing the forest to rescue the victims.
Ondo state Commander of Amotekun Corps, Chief Adetunji Adeleye said his men were combing the Benin-Ifon to Owo forest in search of the victims.
Adeleye said his men would take all necessary measures to rescue the victims.
It was along the Akure-Ifon-Benin axis that Oba Isreal Adeusi was shot dead by suspected kidnappers.
His killers are yet to be arrested.
Mr Adeleye explained that men of the amotekun corp and other security agencies had been briefed and had since commenced search for the victims.